I asked ChatGPT to create an article about my business since there are 122 meaningful content references to Black Girl PR™ online and the article it came up with is pretty solid.
It starts off by talking about how Black Girl PR™ is a trailblazing digital PR firm dedicated to uplifting and supporting Black women founders. LinkedIn was the first to call me a trailblazer, but this reference could have come from Women of Rubies or inferred from any of the several industry pieces about or featuring me, including:
- This Black Enterprise profile about Black Women Marketers naming me the Entrepreneur of The Year
- The African American Marketing Association’s 50 Black Marketers To Watch 2023 list (or their 50+ Black Marketers On The Rise 2022 list)
- BlkWomenHustle’s Black Women Entrepreneurs To Watch in 2022 list
Then the article delves into my approach to PR. It even talks about how I counteract systemic bias and dismantle racial barriers in the media, in order to create a level playing field. And it specifies how I do so by helping Black women founders secure media coverage, build brand credibility and expand their networks. I was impressed with this section, it captured my mission well.
Minor Issues I Encountered
However, the Services Offered section wasn’t entirely accurate. We don’t do event management at Black Girl PR™, although we do do event promotion and facilitate PR and digital marketing trainings and workshops. And it didn’t mention our signature offering, The Brand Impact Program™, although asking it to include this and regenerating a response fixed this omission pretty quickly.
Also, the Impact and Success Stories section was a little vague. I can tell that it pulled from third-party review platform Clutch, but this section would have been more meaningful if it had more data or actually referenced the brands.
My ChatGPT Rating
But the conclusion is *chef’s kiss*."By amplifying the voices and stories of Black women entrepreneurs, Black Girl PR is reshaping narratives, fostering diversity, and facilitating the success of underrepresented founders." Which is exactly what we're doing!
Overall I'd give the article a 7/10 because it's a good foundation to build a story from. ChatGPT clearly had enough meaningful information to work with since there are tons of articles and other pieces of content about Black Girl PR™. Which begs the question: Is there enough meaningful information about your brand to paint a positive picture?
What Your Online Presence Says About You
If there isn’t much information about your business beyond what’s available on your website, there are a couple of things that you can do to build your online presence:
- Optimize your website for search engines: Implement Search Engine Optimization techniques to improve your website's visibility on search engines like Google. Research and use relevant keywords, create quality content, optimize your meta descriptions and build backlinks from reputable websites.
- Start a blog: Create a blog and publish informative, engaging articles related to your industry or products. This can help attract organic traffic, establish your expertise, and engage your audience if you publish content regularly.
- Leverage social media platforms: Create profiles on the social media platforms that make sense for your business, and that are relevant to your target audience. Regularly post engaging content, respond to customer inquiries, and use social media advertising to reach a wider audience.
- Claim online business listings: Register your business on popular online directories such as Buy From A Black Woman, Google Business Profile, Yelp and other industry-specific directories. Make sure your business details are accurate, including contact information, address, business hours and customer reviews.
- Encourage online reviews: Encourage satisfied customers to leave reviews on platforms like Google, Yelp or your website. And respond to reviews, whether positive or negative, to show your engagement and commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Engage with online communities: Join online forums, groups or communities related to your industry. Participate actively, answer questions, provide valuable insights and establish yourself as an industry expert. Also, try to avoid self-promotion and just focus on building genuine relationships for this one.
- Leverage media platforms: Get your brand featured by the media and large platforms, so you reach more people and earn high-quality backlinks to your website.
Curating quality content about your brand will help you build a strong brand identity, attract and engage customers, improve your online visibility and differentiate yourself from competitors in a meaningful way. If you want to leverage publicity and media features to build an online presence that even AI can make sense of, grab our free case study video, "How To Get Publicity For Your Business Without Breaking The Bank."
ABOUT BLACK GIRL PR™
Black Girl PR™ is an award-winning digital PR firm that serves Black women in ecommerce across the globe. We help purpose-driven brands get publicity and media coverage, so they reach more people and have a bigger impact.